Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You'll want an avalanche of this delicious snow. This recipe was given to me by a friend, Anne. It was a highlight of the menu for my oldest daughter's 21st birthday. Very easy and quick to make. For those who use imperial measure, 500 grams is just over a pound.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender.
- Combine strawberry puree, egg whites and sugar in a bowl and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Add vanilla to cream, and whip mixture until peaks form.
- Gently fold cream mixture into strawberry mixture.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with strawberry slices and mint (if desired).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- This can be made a day ahead. Good luck keeping everyone else in the house out of it.
I made this tonight for dessert. We loved it, even my picky one ate it :) thank you for a wonderful light dessert, its a keeper. My 7 year old loved helping me whip this up
So delicious and easy!!! My husband and kids love it....not to mention I could eat the entire bowl myself ;-). If I could give this more than 5 stars I would. I was worried about the raw eggs in it so I used the pasteurized egg whites in a carton (egg beaters) and worked just fine. YUMMY!!!!
My husband brought home some beautiful fresh, Ontario grown strawberries. They were ripe, juicy and sweet. Just perfect in this recipe. The strawberries really shone in this light, fluffy, very flavorful dessert. My dh was in heaven and is already planning on picking up more berries. Thnks so much for sharing this delicious treat Leggy Peggy.