You'll want an avalanche of this delicious snow. This recipe was given to me by a friend, Anne. It was a highlight of the menu for my oldest daughter's 21st birthday. Very easy and quick to make. For those who use imperial measure, 500 grams is just over a pound.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender.
- Combine strawberry puree, egg whites and sugar in a bowl and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Add vanilla to cream, and whip mixture until peaks form.
- Gently fold cream mixture into strawberry mixture.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with strawberry slices and mint (if desired).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- This can be made a day ahead. Good luck keeping everyone else in the house out of it.