Recipe by barefootmommawv
This make ahead slush is really refreshing on hot summer days. Pour lemon lime soda over scoops of the strawberry blend for a fast and fruity treat thats so thick you'll have to eat it with a spoon.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fat free vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 liters diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- additional fresh strawberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mash strawberries; add ice cream. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in water; stir in lemon juice. Add to the strawberry mixture; mix well. Pour into a 1-1/2 quart freezer container; cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Spoon into glasses; add soda. Garnish with strawberries if desired.