Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a lot like those strawberry julius' that you get at the mall. Nice refreshing change of pace.
- 1 pint ripe fresh strawberries, washed & hulled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup club soda
- 1⁄2-1 cup ice cube
- Reserve 2 strawberries for garnish, puree the remaining in a blender or food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients, blending well until smooth and foamy.
- Garnish each serving with a fresh strawberry.
Wow! - is this a delicious drink! The texture is like a smoothie (not so much like a slushy) and it's so good. I used 2 cups of fresh strawberries and the whole 1 cup of ice (the ice disappeared and created a thick frothy consistency but I imagine if I'd have added more ice it would have been more icy like a slushy). I, personally, wouldn't change it from how I made it tonight though because it was perfect. Thick and fruity. I didn't have lime juice so I used all lemon juice. Oh - and I added 1/2 cup of white rum to the second batch we made. Happy happy happy!
wow...i luv this recipe sooo much, its amazing, the only thing i would change is more suger, it tastes alot better that way!
This was a very nice cold refreshing drink. Mine was sort of like a slushy as I used frozen strawberries and the ice. I used Splenda instead of sugar. I increased the club soda to about 1 cup. My husband thought it was way too tart even after adding a ton of Splenda packets but it may have been the strawberries.