Recipe by Rita~
A Quote from http://www.womens-menopause-health.com/perimenopause_symptoms.htm "This is a great recipe for women on the go. The yogurt and milk provide almost half the daily calcium requirement for menopausal women and contains a healthy dose of Omega 3 fatty acids. Flaxseed oil, when used regularly, is shown to decrease your risk of heart disease and certain cancers while promoting mental functioning."For an extra boost, add spirulina, blue green algae, wheat or barley grass powders.
Top Review by Hey Jude
This is a really nice, refreshing smoothie! I had to leave the flaxseed oil out because I just could not find any in the stores. My daughter woke up with a nasty sore throat and she says this is making it feel much better. Thanks Rita....another good recipe!
- 4 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (or frozen when out of season)
- 1 cup pineapple-orange-banana juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup soymilk