Prep 1 hr 19 mins
Cook 0 mins
Shrikhand is a traditional yoghurt dish from Indian. I think the addition of strawberries makes a great dish even better, it is quite pretty this way too. Based on this recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/strawberryshrikhand_85441
- 250 g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 4 cardamom pods, cracked and the seeds removed and crushed
- 1 pinch saffron strand, soaked in 1 tbsp boiling water
- 3 tablespoons fine caster sugar
- 25 g sliced almonds, toasted
- For the strawberries, place the strawberries in a bowl with two teaspoons caster sugar and the balsamic vinegar. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for one hour.
- For the shrikand, place the yoghurt, cardamom seeds, saffron (and saffron water) and caster sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- To serve, place equal portions of the strawberries into four sundae glasses or wine glass. Place a quarter of the shrikand on the top of the strawberries in each glass. Top with the toasted almonds.