Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is another summer favorite. There is just something special about summer, strawberries and grilling out with friends and family.
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan; set aside.
- Thoroughly combine thawed strawberries and syrup with Jello; set aside.
- In large mixer, combine remaining ingredients.
- Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Carefully pour batter evenly over marshmallows in pan.
- Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool with ice cream or whipped cream.
The starwberries and marshmallows were a good idea but the actual cake needed something.