Recipe by Bella Rachelle
A nice twist on the ordinary Strawberry Shortcake. It is easy to make and your sure to get compliments on this one. Someone will want the recipe for sure!!
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry gelatin
- 14 ounces store bought angel food cake (or make it yourself)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup water
- 2 pints frozen strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 1 cup of water and add both boxes of Jello (do not follow directions on box).
- Thaw strawberries (with the juice), add to the Jello mixture and set aside.
- Tear the Angel Food cake into 1 inch pieces, and put into a 9 by 13 pan.
- Ladle strawberry mixture over the Angel Food cake, cover with plastic wrap, and leave in refrigerator overnight.
- Spread Cool Whip over Shortcut Cake, serve & enjoy!.