Recipe by MISSJ1978
This is another recipe courtesy of the ladies at Winslow dining hall at Murray State University. I worked there as a student some years ago and could not get enough of this strawberry delight.
- 2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries
- 1 (4 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Cool Whip or other whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix strawberries and gelatin in bowl; set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar in mixer bowl.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and millk alternately, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over bottom of greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Pour cake batter over marshmallows.
- Spread strawberry mixture evenly over cake batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Top with whipped topping when cool.