Recipe by Tea Jenny
This is a typically English dessert to have on a nice sunny day sitting in the garden. Go on you deserve it. I got this recipe from a girl at work I think she was hoping that I would make them for her. I think I will.
- 200 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 80 g cornflour (cornstarch)
- 300 g whipping cream
- 200 g thick Greek yogurt
- 400 g strawberries (reserve a couple for decoration)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat the oven 150c/300f line two cookie sheets with baking parchment. Place the softened butter in a mixer and add sugar,beat well together until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually sift in the flour and cornflour and mix into a pliable dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface using a 8cm round cutter stamp out 16 circles.
- Lift onto the baking sheet and prick with a fork.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until pale golden remove from the oven and cool completely.
- To assemble, whip cream until it forms soft peaks and fold in the yoghurt. Put half the circles on a serving plate and add a dollop of the creamy mixture and the sliced strawberries.
- Arrange the other half of the shortbread circles on top at an angle. Dust with icing sugar and serve.