1/1 Photo of Strawberry Shortcakes
1 hr 30 mins
Tea Jenny's Note:
This is a typically English dessert to have on a nice sunny day sitting in the garden. Go on you deserve it. I got this recipe from a girl at work I think she was hoping that I would make them for her. I think I will.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat the oven 150c/300f line two cookie sheets with baking parchment. Place the softened butter in a mixer and add sugar,beat well together until pale and fluffy.
- 2Gradually sift in the flour and cornflour and mix into a pliable dough.
- 3Roll the dough out on a floured surface using a 8cm round cutter stamp out 16 circles.
- 4Lift onto the baking sheet and prick with a fork.
- 5Bake for 30-35 minutes until pale golden remove from the oven and cool completely.
- 6To assemble, whip cream until it forms soft peaks and fold in the yoghurt. Put half the circles on a serving plate and add a dollop of the creamy mixture and the sliced strawberries.
- 7Arrange the other half of the shortbread circles on top at an angle. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcakes
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.6
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: