1/2 Photos of Strawberry Shortcake With Sour Cream Biscuits
Jan in Lanark's Note:
I've been making this for years. I believe it may have come from Canadian Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml cold butter
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml light cream
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 450 and dust a large baking sheet with flour or use parchment paper.
- 2Combine sliced strawberries with sugar and let stand for 1 hour.
- 3Whip cream with a small amount of sugar (to your liking) and refrigerate.
- 4Make the biscuits by combining the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 5Cut cold butter into the dry ingredients.
- 6Beat egg lightly and combine with the sour cream.
- 7Blend together briefly with a fork, form into a ball and place on floured counter.
- 8Roll dough out to about 3/4 inch thickness and cut about ten 2 1/2 inch biscuits.
- 9Place on baking sheet, brush tops with cream and sprinkle on sugar.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
- 11You will need 6 biscuits for the recipe.
- 12Split the warm biscuits and on the bottom half place 1/4 cup strawberries. Add the top and cover with whipped cream. You may garnish with a whole strawberry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcake With Sour Cream Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 591.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g