Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been making this for years. I believe it may have come from Canadian Living.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml cold butter
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml light cream
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml sliced strawberries
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 450 and dust a large baking sheet with flour or use parchment paper.
- Combine sliced strawberries with sugar and let stand for 1 hour.
- Whip cream with a small amount of sugar (to your liking) and refrigerate.
- Make the biscuits by combining the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut cold butter into the dry ingredients.
- Beat egg lightly and combine with the sour cream.
- Blend together briefly with a fork, form into a ball and place on floured counter.
- Roll dough out to about 3/4 inch thickness and cut about ten 2 1/2 inch biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet, brush tops with cream and sprinkle on sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
- You will need 6 biscuits for the recipe.
- Split the warm biscuits and on the bottom half place 1/4 cup strawberries. Add the top and cover with whipped cream. You may garnish with a whole strawberry.
i have made these a couple times now and i always get rave reviews. though i dont make them a dessert. i just make the biscuits and serve them as just biscuits (so no sugar on top) with a meal. they have a great sour flavor and are very easy to make, just make sure you dont roll them out too thin. thanks, this is my 'go-to' biscuit recipe.