3 hrs 30 mins
Perfect for the holiday season! Time is estimated, and includes chilling time. Since these are estimates, be sure to give yourself plenty of time!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1 cup of the white chocolate candy coating into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until melted, about 1 minute. Stir until the candy coating is entirely smooth and free of lumps.
- 2Set the coating aside to cool slightly.
- 3Blend the berries and orange zest in a food processor or mixer until it is a smooth puree.
- 4Place the crumbled cake into a large bowl. Pour the puree on top and stir until the cake and puree form a smooth paste. Add the melted candy coating and stir until smooth, and stir in a drop or two of red food coloring, if desired, to make the mixture a light pink.
- 5Cover the candy mixture with cling wrap and refrigerate it for an hour to allow it to firm up. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside for now.
- 6Once the candy has set a bit, use a teaspoon to scoop out small balls of candy, roll them gently between your hands, and place them on the baking sheet.
- 7Put the baking sheet of formed truffles in the freezer for one hour to make them firm enough to dip.
- 8Once the candies have chilled enough to dip, place the remaining 2 cups of white chocolate candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 45 seconds to prevent overheating. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- 9Using dipping tools or two forks, dip each truffle center into the melted white chocolate candy coating and place the dipped truffles on the baking sheet. If desired, you can top the truffles with red sprinkles, dried strawberries, or any other decorative touches. Make sure to add the sprinkles or dried berries while the chocolate is still wet so they adhere properly.
- 10Once you have finished dipping the truffles in the chocolate, place them in the refrigerator to finish setting the chocolate for 15 minutes, then remove them from the baking sheet and serve. Store the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcake Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12