Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Great way to enjoy fresh strawberries. Allow 1 hour chilling time for the strawberry glaze.
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2 cups chopped strawberries, washed and hulled
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Slice pound cake horizontally into 3-inch slices. Using a round cutter, cut slices into 18 rounds (3 rounds per trifle), approximately 1/2 inch smaller than the diameter of the glasses you plan to use. (If using flared glasses, you will need to cut the rounds into graduated sizes.).
- Place in oven for 5 minutes, or until lightly golden brown; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream, honey, buttermilk, sour cream, and sugar.
- Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place honey-cream mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- To assemble trifles, place 1 round of pound cake in the bottom of each of 6 (12 ounce) glasses.
- Gently press a row of strawberry slices around inside of each glass.
- Add a layer of strawberry glaze and sliced strawberries, and pipe a layer of honey cream on top.
- Repeat layers twice, using remaining cake rounds, glaze, and strawberry slices and ending with honey cream.
- Garnish with additional honey cream and strawberries, if desired.
- To prepare strawberry glaze: In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat on stovetop until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stirring to combine.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Return to stovetop and cook over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened and clear.
- Strain and discard seeds.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before using.