Recipe by Kzim4
From www.nabiscoworld.com. I'm posting here for safe keeping. It sounds like a yummy summer dessert. Cook time is chill time. You need 2 of the 4 serving size packages of pudding mix; I did not have a package handy, so could not check the actual ounces.
- 64 vanilla wafers, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons margarine or 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUSH 40 of the wafers; mix with 3 tablespoons of the sugar and the margarine until well blended. Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread half of the pudding mixture over crust; top with remaining 24 wafers. Cover with remaining pudding mixture.
- REFRIGERATE at least 3 hours. Meanwhile, toss strawberries with remaining 1 tablespoons sugar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut dessert into 24 squares. Serve each square topped with about 2 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture. Refrigerate leftovers.