Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are sooooo yummy and very easy. It takes just a few minutes to prepare the strawberries and only seconds to prepare the puff pastry. This is a great summer recipe.
- 2 quarts strawberries (fresh taste the best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (just until well coated)
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) box puff pastry sheets
- whipped cream
- Wash and slice strawberries into thin slices.
- Put in a bowl and pour sugar over them.
- Mix together until well coated.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours. (The longer the better.).
- Let puff pastries thaw. (cover with plastic wrap, so they don't dry out).
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Unfold strips and cut into squares.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.(Until golden brown).
- Let pastries cool. (about 10 minutes).
- Serve by placing one pastry in a bowl, spoon strawberries over it and top with whipping cream.
- Tastes out of this world!
You cannot get something any simpler that showcases as a truly fabulous dessert for family & friends. The only little tweak I did was to use a 1/2 cup of blueberries too in addition with the strawberries as we love that mix. I'll be using this method often as it is so super simple but tastes out of this world. Made during ZWT6.
I made this for DH's dessert for Father's Day dinner tonight, and he was so pleased. Strawberry Shortcake is his favorite dessert, so he felt this was a great ending for his special day. I loved the ease of the puff pastry and the strawberry mix was so quick to put together earlier in the day. I cut the sugar by half and it was plenty for us. I think this is a great dessert for company too ~ elegant and delicious ~ a KEEPER!! Thanks for posting Sarah in NY ~ made for ZWT6 ~ GREAT BRITAIN Region and the Queens of Quisine!
Im pretty sure i made these 2 years ago and they were delicious!! I will have to make again one time to make sure TY sarah