Recipe by ~Bliss~
Dessert for Breakfast!!
Top Review by weeirishlassy
They are yummy. I had to add a bit more heavy cream during the mixing because they were so dry. And while my whole family enjoyed them, I thought they should have been a bit better considering they had over half the amount of fat a person is to consume in an entire day!!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced and well drained
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (for sprinkling on top) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, cream, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture and mix with spoon.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired, and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool before removing from pan.
- If muffins weren't sprinkled with granulated sugar prior to baking, you can dust tops with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- Yields: 12 to 15 muffins.