Strawberry Shortcake recipe that's been used in our family for years. I love it because it's part muffin and part biscuit and I haven't found another recipe that comes close to Grandma's so here it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. There's nothing better than when the shortcake absorbs that delicious strawberrry juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the dry ingredients together.
- 2Next cut in oleo with the dry ingredients.
- 3Beat the eggs with the milk.
- 4Add milk mixture to dry ingredients.
- 5Divide evenly in nonstick muffin tin.
- 6Sprinkle sugar on top of muffins (optional).
- 7Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and tops are firm.
- 8Dice up strawberries and mix w/sugar can add a small amount of water for more juice. Let set in fridge (the longer the better) to develop juices.
- 9Cut or crumble muffin(s) in bowl. Cover with scoop(s) of ice cream and top with strawberry mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcake Like Grandma Made
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 226.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: