Recipe by HotMomOf3
Strawberry Shortcake recipe that's been used in our family for years. I love it because it's part muffin and part biscuit and I haven't found another recipe that comes close to Grandma's so here it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. There's nothing better than when the shortcake absorbs that delicious strawberrry juice.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar (depending on sweetness preference)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oleo
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Next cut in oleo with the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs with the milk.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients.
- Divide evenly in nonstick muffin tin.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of muffins (optional).
- Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and tops are firm.
- Dice up strawberries and mix w/sugar can add a small amount of water for more juice. Let set in fridge (the longer the better) to develop juices.
- Cut or crumble muffin(s) in bowl. Cover with scoop(s) of ice cream and top with strawberry mixture.