Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an interesting little dessert perfect for a summer cookout. It is enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Alternately thread 2 strawberries and 2 doughnut holes on each skewer.
- Note: You can also use the microwave for the following steps to melt the chocolate/margarine, but use lower heat and watch carefully to avoid burning. Probably only need to microwave about 1 minute or less and check throughout, stopping when just melted.
- In small saucepan, combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons margarine; melt over low heat, stirring until smooth and well blended. Drizzle chocolate mixture over kabobs.
- In another small saucepan, combine vanilla chips and remaining 2 teaspons margarine; melt over low heat, stirring until smooth and well blended. Drizzle over kabobs and semi-sweet chocolate.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.
These are a great idea. Instead of buying donut holes I got a container of frozen mini cream puffs and just defrosted them long enough to get the skewer through them without breaking them. If you get the chocolate iced mini cream puffs you can skip the chocolate drizzle for a quicker dessert.
Took these gorgeous little desserts to a Labor Day bbq and thought I'd sneak up to grab one before everyone got into the desserts...lo and behold there was ONE LEFT! I seriously couldn't believe and still wonder how they disappeared so quickly. First of all, this is a gorgeous dessert....bright red of the strawberries and the cakey donut hole with just a little chocolate drizzled on top. Second, these could not be any easier to make..no joke-about 10 minutes for a plate full. I can't wait to make these again and again....thanks!
I usually end up making about 30 of these kabobs for work functions. they never last long. One time i made about 50 of these kabobs, dropped them off at the work function and when i came back 30 minutes later, they were gone. i was so shocked! It's amazing how much adults love these snacks. I use a pretty heavy drizzle of chocolate and white chocolates.