Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 pint fresh strawberry
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Slice strawberries into bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar on berries and let stand about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix remaining ingredients with fork to a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured cloth-covered board; smooth dough into ball and knead 8 to 10 times.
- Roll 1/2 in ch thick.
- Cut into two 3-inch circles.
- Place on ungrased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Split warm shortcakes; spoon strawberries between layers and on top.
- Serve with Cool Whip.
- Omit strawberries and sugar. Before baking, brush soft butter on circles; sprinkle brown sugar on tops. Fill and top with sweetened sliced peaches.