1/1 Photo of Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
A sweet treat for anyone who loves strawberries! Recipe is from Redbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4In large bowl with mixer on medium, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- 5Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla.
- 6With mixer on low, alternately beat in flour mixture and sour cream until combined.
- 7Continue to beat on medium until batter is thick and smooth.
- 8Spoon batter into a Ziploc bag.
- 9Snip a 1/2 inch corner from the bag and fill the liners slightly less than two-thirds full.
- 10Bake 24-26 minutes, or until lightly golden and a pick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes; remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- 12Topping: Toss strawberries several times in a bowl with sugar and lemon juice until very syrupy.
- 13In a large bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- 14Use a skewer to poke several holes into the top of each cupcake.
- 15Spoon some syrup from bowl over top, allowing it to absorb into cupcakes.
- 16Top with sliced berries and a dollop of cream.
- 17Arrange a few sliced berries in cream and drizzle with remaining strawberry syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g