Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 mins
A sweet treat for anyone who loves strawberries! Recipe is from Redbook.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled and thickly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl with mixer on medium, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla.
- With mixer on low, alternately beat in flour mixture and sour cream until combined.
- Continue to beat on medium until batter is thick and smooth.
- Spoon batter into a Ziploc bag.
- Snip a 1/2 inch corner from the bag and fill the liners slightly less than two-thirds full.
- Bake 24-26 minutes, or until lightly golden and a pick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes; remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.
- Topping: Toss strawberries several times in a bowl with sugar and lemon juice until very syrupy.
- In a large bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Use a skewer to poke several holes into the top of each cupcake.
- Spoon some syrup from bowl over top, allowing it to absorb into cupcakes.
- Top with sliced berries and a dollop of cream.
- Arrange a few sliced berries in cream and drizzle with remaining strawberry syrup.
This recipe is so delicious by far one of the best cupcakes I made. <br/><br/>TIP-<br/>I cut the strawberries in to small squares instead of large pieces