Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't made these, putting them here to make later.
Make and share this Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 10 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream topping
- whipped cream
- sliced strawberry
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Beat softened butter and sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add eggs.
- Mix in vanilla, salt and flour.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in a greased 13 x 13 x 9 pan.
- Spread 1/2 of the strawberry topping over the batter.
- Layer with the remaining batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1/2 hour.
- Pour cheesecake batter over the top of partially baked shortcake/strawberry batter.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean approximately 30- 45 minutes more-don't overbake.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of the bars and cover with an even layer of sliced fresh strawberries.
- Cut into 12 bars.
I was really looking for a strawberry cheese cake recipe and was so happy when I found this one. So I bought the ingredients and planned to make this for a party. Unfortuately I was not able to follow the directions as all. The Shortcake layer lists 2 cups of strawberry ice cream topping, whipped cream and fresh strawberries. The directions only tell you what to do with 1/2 of the topping and of course, as is obvious, the whipped cream and fresh strawberries are NOT part of the shortcake layer. The recipe directs that you place in a 13x13x9 pan what ever that might be. What a disappointment.