Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mum made these biscuits, and they are delicious. I like them with the cream cheese filling from recipe 24672, and topped with strawberries and the whipped cream from recipe 410125 (filling, no mint). I do not recommend substituting margarine for butter, but it can be done in a pinch. I use low fat sour cream. I sometimes form 8 rough balls, flattened instead of rolling the dough and cutting rounds.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 3T sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is in tiny pieces. Add sour cream.
- Gather together in a rough ball. Roll dough out to thickness of 1 inch. Cut into eight 3" rounds.
- Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1T sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Top with strawberries, whipped cream, etc.