1/15 Photos of Strawberry Shortcake a la Treebeard's
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe was shared by Treebeard's Restaurant in Houston. It's not difficult to make, looks beautiful and tastes out of this world! Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 quart ripe strawberry, washed,hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees; grease a cookie sheet.
- 2To make Shortcake, with knife blade attachment on food processor, process flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, butter and 2 teaspoons granulated sugar until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Pour mixture into medium bowl.
- 4With wooden spoon of paddle attachment on electric mixer, add milk and mix just until it forms a smooth dough.
- 5Scoop dough onto cookie sheet in 6 equal mounds.
- 6Dust top of shortcakes with remaining 2 teaspoons granulated sugar.
- 7Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Remove from oven; transfer to wire rack and cool.
- 9To make Filling, in a medium bowl, mash one-half of berries.
- 10Mix with granulated sugar and vanilla.
- 11Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 12To make Whipped Cream, in a chilled mixing bowl, beat cream with confectioners' sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla until it just holds soft peaks.
- 13Add sour cream; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 14Cut off tops of shortcakes; set aside.
- 15Spoon Filling onto bottom of each shortcake.
- 16Cover with Whipped Cream and remaining sliced strawberries; replace tops.
- 17Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream, a strawberry half and a sprig of mint.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcake a la Treebeard's
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.2
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 552.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 47.6 g
- Protein 7.1 g