Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Calhouns,Live at Five
- 2 quarts strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 1⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Allow 2 to 3 hours for strawberries to bleed before using.
- Mix the bisquick, milk, sugar, and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness, use a 4" biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- To serve: Cut shortcake in half, place one half in a bowl, top with 1/2 cup of strawberries (with plenty of juice), then top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Place other half of shortcake on top, then 1/2 cup of strawberries (with plenty of juice), top with whipped cream or Cool Whip.