Recipe by KingJackQueen
This was my mother's recipe and probably her mother's as well. It's so good.
Top Review by Newmsy
This is absolutely yummers!!! The milk mixed with the strawberries came out thicker than I thought; it was creamy. Something so simple came out so delicious. Thank-you for posting this wonderful recipe. (I don't usually use so many adjectives when reviewing a recipe, but I'm still licking my lips after eating this and it was that good!)
- 2 quarts of ripe strawberries
- 2 (12 ounce) cansof pet evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- FOR SAUCE: Remove stems and any blemishes from strawberries.
- Wash& mash strawberries with a potato masher.
- Add evaporated milk and mash again to mix.
- Add sugar to taste.
- FOR SHORTCAKE: Combine Bisquick,sugar,melted butter or margarine& milk.
- Put batter into an 8x8 ungreased glass baking dish and bake at 425 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Ladle cooled sauce over a piece of warm shortcake and enjoy!