Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
This was my mothers recipe and probably her mothers as well. It's so good.
- 2 quarts of ripe strawberries
- 2 (12 ounce) cansof pet evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups bisquick baking mix
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- FOR SAUCE: Remove stems and any blemishes from strawberries.
- Wash& mash strawberries with a potato masher.
- Add evaporated milk and mash again to mix.
- Add sugar to taste.
- FOR SHORTCAKE: Combine Bisquick,sugar,melted butter or margarine& milk.
- Put batter into an 8x8 ungreased glass baking dish and bake at 425 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Ladle cooled sauce over a piece of warm shortcake and enjoy!
This is absolutely yummers!!! The milk mixed with the strawberries came out thicker than I thought; it was creamy. Something so simple came out so delicious. Thank-you for posting this wonderful recipe. (I don't usually use so many adjectives when reviewing a recipe, but I'm still licking my lips after eating this and it was that good!)