This was my mothers recipe and probably her mothers as well. It's so good.
Make and share this Strawberry Shortcake recipe from Food.com.
- FOR SAUCE: Remove stems and any blemishes from strawberries.
- Wash& mash strawberries with a potato masher.
- Add evaporated milk and mash again to mix.
- Add sugar to taste.
- FOR SHORTCAKE: Combine Bisquick,sugar,melted butter or margarine& milk.
- Put batter into an 8x8 ungreased glass baking dish and bake at 425 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Ladle cooled sauce over a piece of warm shortcake and enjoy!