1/4 Photos of Strawberry Shortcake
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss the strawberries with 1 cup (250 ml) sugar in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2In a separate bowl combine the 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 3Blend in the butter.
- 4Add the milk and vanilla and mix well.
- 5Grease two 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pans and divide the batter between them.
- 6Bake in a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- 7Remove from the oven and cool.
- 8Place one cake upside-down on a serving platter and top with half the strawberries.
- 9Top with the remaining cake layer and the rest of the strawberries.
- 10Serve garnished with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 762.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g