Recipe by mj Sergent
This is another recipe that has been passed down through my family. We always serve it warm with strawberries and milk on top. So yummy!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 quart strawberry
- sugar, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice strawberries and sugar to sweeten.
- Cover and chill until serving shortcake.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add shortening and mix, add milk to egg (beat) add slowly to make soft dough.
- Spread dough evenly in a greased 9" round cake pan.
- Bake at 425* for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve warm with strawberries and milk on top.