Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from one of my students this year. From our classroom cook book.
- 1 lb angel food cake
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (soft)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Cut up strawberries and cover with sugar. Let sit in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add cool whip to the mixture.
- Spread on top of cake.
- Top cake with strawberries. Be careful to not put too much of the juice on the cake, or else it will be too moist.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
This was really rich.... but delicious. I was a little confused about which amounts of sugar went to which section but it came out good anyways.
I changed this up a bit because I was serving it on the lake...I used a store bought AF cake and cubed it into the bottom of a casserole dish...then followed the recipe as written. The kids loved this, and adults raved too. This is so nice because it is sweet, but it's also light, which makes it perfect for a hot summer day. I'll definetely be making this again this summer.