Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my sisters favorite dessert. I love making this when she comes because it puts a huge smile on her face everytime!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) French vanilla cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups strawberries, diced into small pieces
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Spray two 9 inch round cake pans with non stick spray and half the cake mix into each pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake is done.
- Cool cakes in the pan for 5-10 minutes then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- While your cakes are cooling, the 4 cups of diced strawberries in a bowl and mix with 1 cup sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator about an hour.
- In a mixing bowl beat the whipping cream on a high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Then slowly add in powdered sugar to the cream 1 tablespoon at a time.
- When the sugar is incorporated add the vanilla and almond extracts. Set aside.
- Place 1 cake on a cake plate and place sugared strawberries on top in an even layer.
- Put about 1 ½ of cream on top of the strawberries and spread out evenly also.
- Place second cake on top and spread remaining cream on top.
- Garnish with 1 cup sliced strawberries.
Mmmmmmm! So delicious! In strawberry heaven!