Recipe by kfcook
This is a cross between a short cake and cheese cake. It is a great cool summer party sweet treat.
- 1 poundcake
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 1⁄2 ounces cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 teaspoon lemon)
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups Cool Whip
- 3 cups frozen sliced strawberries or 3 cups fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cake into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange half of the slices on bottom of a 9-by-13-inch pan or baking dish.
- In mixer bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water; mix well. Add pudding mix and beat until well blended. Chill 5 minutes. Stir in extract. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour half the cream mixture over cake slices; arrange the berry slices on top. Repeat layering cake then pudding mixture. Can top with additional whip cream.
- Chill 4 hours or until set.