Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1 quart fat-free buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Soften gelatin by sprinkling it over cold water; let it soak until all gelatin is moist.
- Then add gelatin to boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add sugar, strawberries, buttermilk and lemon juice.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Pour into two square baking dishes and place in freezer.
- When half frozen, scrape into a bowl; beat with electric mixer.
- Return to dishes and freeze until firm.