Whole raspberries can be used or substitute 1/2 cup dried cranberries for the strawberries.
Make and share this Strawberry Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and orange peel in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or rub together with fingers until crumbly.
- Stir in the strawberries.
- Gradually stir in enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Gather into a loose ball and knead lightly on a lightly floured surface.
- Pat out into a 7 inch round,about 3/4 inch thick.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Cut into 8 wedges and place 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.