Prep 7 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sinfully good, spoon over ice cream, custard pie or angel food cake.
Make and share this Strawberry Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered (Driscoll's strawberries)
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cookie, crumbled
- In medium skillet melt butter until bubbly.
- Add walnuts; cook and stir briefly, just until nuts begin to color.
- Add brown sugar and stir for less than 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add strawberries and chocolate.
- Quickly stir to coat berries and melt chocolate.
- Spoon over ice cream, custard pie or angel food cake.
- Sprinkle with crumbled cookies.
Hi Charlotte, made this and it is absolutely delicious! We enjoyed it over grilled slices of pound cake. I added some Chambord to make it even more sinful! I served to some friends that came to visit. It met with raves and kudos to you. Thanks, Diane :)
also for the caramel lovers you could substitute the chocolate for caramel and only use 2tbs of brown sugar. I did it this way and it was great.
Mmmmm! I liked this ALOT! Thanks!