Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a delicious and sweet strawberry sauce and is a great way to use some of your fresh strawberries! It's good on just about anything sweet... yogurt, ice cream, pound cake and more!
- Place sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan, stir and bring to a boil; Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely (You can speed up the cooling by setting pan in a shallow bowl of ice water.).
- Place half the berries in the jar of a blender; add lemon juice and all the cooled syrup; Puree until smooth.
- Press through fine strainer to remove some of the strawberry seeds,if desired.
- Coarsely chop remaining strawberries and add to strawberry puree and serve.
- This sauce can be stored refrigerated, in tightly covered containers for up to 4 days.
Love this sauce! Used it over chocolate crusted cheesecakes and it was a hit. Also varied it using 1/2 blueberries and 1/2 strawberries, equally delicious, if not more so! Thanks for sharing.
Very easy and very yummy. I added a heaping teaspoon of cornstarch as I wanted a thicker sauce to put on cheesecake.
So simple yet so delicious! Very easy to prepare! This recipe maintains the fresh taste of the strawberries and isn't overly sweet. I served with french vanilla ice-cream.