Dine & Dish's Note:
This is such a delicious and sweet strawberry sauce and is a great way to use some of your fresh strawberries! It's good on just about anything sweet... yogurt, ice cream, pound cake and more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan, stir and bring to a boil; Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 2Allow the syrup to cool completely (You can speed up the cooling by setting pan in a shallow bowl of ice water.).
- 3Place half the berries in the jar of a blender; add lemon juice and all the cooled syrup; Puree until smooth.
- 4Press through fine strainer to remove some of the strawberry seeds,if desired.
- 5Coarsely chop remaining strawberries and add to strawberry puree and serve.
- 6This sauce can be stored refrigerated, in tightly covered containers for up to 4 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sauce for Yogurt, Ice Cream, Pound Cake & More!!
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g