Recipe by Dine & Dish
This is such a delicious and sweet strawberry sauce and is a great way to use some of your fresh strawberries! It's good on just about anything sweet... yogurt, ice cream, pound cake and more!
Top Review by SeedyKay
Love this sauce! Used it over chocolate crusted cheesecakes and it was a hit. Also varied it using 1/2 blueberries and 1/2 strawberries, equally delicious, if not more so! Thanks for sharing.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan, stir and bring to a boil; Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely (You can speed up the cooling by setting pan in a shallow bowl of ice water.).
- Place half the berries in the jar of a blender; add lemon juice and all the cooled syrup; Puree until smooth.
- Press through fine strainer to remove some of the strawberry seeds,if desired.
- Coarsely chop remaining strawberries and add to strawberry puree and serve.
- This sauce can be stored refrigerated, in tightly covered containers for up to 4 days.