Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
We made an easy recipe for Strawberry Sauce to eat with pancakes. It's also great on homemade waffles, or even ice cream, and could be made with pretty much any kind of berry!
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash around two cups of berries with a potato masher until they are mostly mashed, but still with some chunks. Choose whatever texture you like best.
- Put mashed berries in a small saucepan.
- Add around 1/4 cup sugar to the mashed berries (more or less to taste, depending on the sweetness of the berries).
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of cornstarch to help thicken the sauce (more or less depending on how thick you want the sauce to be).
- Heat the sauce over medium heat, stirring until it reaches the desired texture and thickness.
- Serve over pancakes, waffles, ice cream, or anything else that sounds yummy!