Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This sauce is so versatile it has unlilmited uses - ice cream topping, cheesecake topping, topping for waffles, topping for pound cake, spread for biscuits, toast or scones and the list can go on and on. I listed fresh strawberries but you can substitute whole unsweetened strawberries.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice off stem from strawberries and cut in half.
- Pour sugar over strawberries and fold gently.
- Let strawberries sit for 30 minutes.
- Pour strawberries and juice into saucepan and add lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat then cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Add dry strawberry gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.