1/3 Photos of Strawberry Satin Pie
4 hrs 35 mins
Creamy filling with fresh strawberries and strawberry glaze. Does it get any better? The hours in the prep time reflect chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the Creamy Satin Filling-.
- 2Combine sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt in a saucepan. Gradually stir in milk.
- 3Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Lower heat, cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Stir a litle of the hot mixture into the beaten egg; return it to the remaining hot mixture.
- 4Bring to just a boil, stirring constantly. Cool; then chill throughly. After it is chilled, beat throughly.
- 5Whip cream until stiff, then add fold into egg mixture with the vanilla. Cover the bottom of the cooled pre-baked pastry shell with the filling.
- 6Divide berries as follows-.
- 7Reserve a few perfect berries for the center. Crush 1/2 cup berries and set aside. Slice remaining berries in half.
- 8Arrange halved and whole berries atop filling, whole berries in the center.
- 9Combine the crushed berries and 1/2 cup of water in a small pan.
- 10Cook 2 minutes over medium heat, then press through a sieve.
- 11Mix sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir into berry juice. Cook and stir until thick and clear. Tint with several drops of red food coloring. Cool slightly, then spoon over pie.
- 12Refrigerate until serving time. Can easily be made the day before.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Satin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 281.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g