Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
'Sandesh' literally translated means 'news' and this is one dish that is sweet and brings forth good things, glad tidings and happiness in life. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a go and enjoy the good times to come! Note: You may use full cream yogurt if you prefer; my family prefers the low-fat one.
- 1 1⁄2 liters milk
- 100 g low-fat yogurt, beaten
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk in a thick-bottomed pot and boil.
- Once the milk has come to a boil, transfer to another clean pot and add the beaten yoghurt to it.
- Stir well; allowing the milk to curdle.
- Allow the curdled milk to cool.
- Hang it in a muslin cloth for atleast 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid and transfer the dry residue(known as 'chenna') to another vessel.
- Stir in the strawberry syrup.
- Now add sugar and mash the 'chenna' well with your hands.
- Roll into medium-sized balls.
- Flatten with your palm to make round or oval-shaped sandesh.
- Prick the center of each ball with a fork and fill it with strawberry jam.