Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is another salt scrub I created and like. I normally wait with posting it until the scrubs are about a month old to see how well they keep. This time it is only 3 days old but I post it now to be included in the strawberry recipe swap on Zaar. I will up-date it in a few weeks time. You can use different oil depending on skin-type and on how much you want to spend.
- Mix first three ingredients together, then mix in the salt and the baking soda.
- If you find it is too thin add some more salt.
- Add fragrance if using.
- The strawberries will loose their bright red color whilst you are mixing, they go more purple/grey.
- Transfer to a container, preferbly plastic.
- Use in bath or shower and make sure you are on a non-slip surface.
I will recommend this recipe to everyone! It reminds me of a product I have bought from Bath and Body Works, but I feel so much better about using this one. Left my skin nice and soft and had a nice strawberry scent. I used 4 berries and needed to add another 1/4 cup salt to make it thick enough.
This did leave my hands clean, nice and soft & not sticky at all. A delicate scent of strawberries is present. I did add juice of one whole lemon thinking it would keep the color. And I think the color is pretty nice. Pets I wouldn`t worry about the shelf life of this because it will be used in no time!