Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really fun dessert, with a great little zip from the jalapeno! I picked this up on a recipe card in the grocery.
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups vanilla frozen yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted and divided
- Combine the strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, jalapeno, and lime zest to make the salsa in a large bowl.
- Make sauce by combining the strawberry preserves and fresh lime juice in a small microwaveable bowl. Melt in microwave, about 20-30 seconds, and stir well.
- Drizzle sauce over salsa and toss until the fruit is well coated.
- Divide frozen vanilla yogurt into six bowls.
- Top each bowl of frozen vanilla yogurt with fruit salsa.
- Garnish each bowl with toasted almonds.
Sure did love this salsa sundae! I cheated and ate mine for breakfast! Loved the bite from the jalapeno and the tang from the lime; very complimentary to the mixed fruit.So delicious! Next time, I may use vanilla ice cream instead of the yogurt. And I may even get DS to try this! Thanks for sharing, Starrynews! :)
this is fabulous! I think it could use more jalapeno. that zippy bite every so often was a wonderful contrast to the sweet fruit. the lime really perked things up, too & kept it from being too sweet. I think this would be great to multiply & add to a dessert buffet. Thank you! Made for Veggie Swap.