Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Summer time and the living should be easy. Picture yourself sitting on the front porch, feet up, sipping an ice cold drink while munching on these beauties. Prep time does not include 2 hours refrigeration.
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup seeded and diced roma tomato (plum)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 French baguettes, cut into rounds and toasted
- 8 ounces garlic & herb spreadable cheese, softened
- Combine strawberries, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt and jalapeno peppers in a mixing bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Spread cheese on toasted bread.
- Top each round with 2 tsp of salsa.
Really nice combination of flavors. The strawberry adds a little sweetness and the onion and pepper with tomatoes is a nice savory contrast. Very easy to make and will definitely be made again! Thanks Lorac!
I made this in the summer when strawberries were in season. The strawberry salsa is wonderful! My dad even said it was great and he usually turns up his nose at fruit salsa. Thanks Lorac! This recipe will definitely be served at my house again, when strawberries are back in season!