Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something a little different for grilled chicken, fish or pork. Add a little diced jalapeno for some extra bite.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, siced
- 1⁄8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried red chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
Absolutely great taste! Especially so since the strawberries I got were at their peak! Had some of it initially with a shredded beef sandwich, & look forward to enjoying it on other meats soon! Thanks for this wonderful recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup recipe tag]
My husband made this. 5 stars is not enough. He loved it. The only thing different he did was use canned (regular)tomatos instead of fresh and he did not hav eany red pepper on hand. He said the vinegar was good in it too. He ate it with chips.
This salsa was absolutely wonderful. It was a great accompaniament to grilled chicken. We want to try it with beef next. I know I will be sharing this with my friends.