Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great find submitted by N. Whitford in Simple and Delicious magazine. Great served with grilled fish, chicken or tortilla chips. Not overly spicy so it was well received. If you need it spicier use a different pepper and add more red pepper flakes. It took a bit or research but an Anaheim Pepper is a mild chili pepper. Cooking time = chilling time of 4 hours.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup anaheim chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons honey (additional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the honey and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice.
- Gently stir the dressing into the strawberry mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Stir just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon as this is not a thick salsa sauce.