Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Put in the refrigerator for 2 hours. I had this at a neighbor's BBQ and snagged the recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup Catalina dressing
- 1 dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- tortilla chips
- Mix together in a bowl, the strawberries, green pepper, onions, and parsley.
- Add salad dressing, hot sauce, salt and pepper; stir until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerated for 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This was a very good recipe. My relatives really enjoyed the refreshing fruity taste, the kids even loved it. I altered the salsa after the first taste test and added a couple of fresh jalapenos, it added a touch of spice and came out pretty good. With or without the peppers this salsa makes a nice summer salsa.
WOW, this was really good. A friend of mine at work brought a strawberry salsa for a potluck. I thought it was great but didn't get the recipe. I tried this one hoping it would be similar. It was even better. I used a generous dash of Tabasco sauce. I served with corn chips for dipping. Thank you for the recipe.
This was surprisingly very, very good. My husband had a hard time believing it was made with strawberries and not tomatoes. I was generous with the hot sauce. It went well with grilled chicken and would go well with just about any grilled meat. Thanks for such an interesting and yummy salsa recipe.