Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Woman's Day Magazine. A great, healthy way to indulge in your ice cream. Perfect for the summer! I haven't tried it yet, but tell me what you think! (The recipe didn't use any numerical values so I just choose some numbers to estimate. Please post your comments, they would really help!)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, diced
- 1⁄2 cup kiwi, diced
- 1⁄2 cup banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons mint or 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- Toss the first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Let the mixture stand until juices form.
- Stir in the jalapeño pepper and mint or cilantro.
- To serve, spoon the salsa over vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!