Spring mix salad greens, monterey Jack cheese cubes, and fresh strawberries tossed with a red wine vinegarette dressing. Recipe given to me by friend Mindi Roberts.
- 2 heads bibb lettuce (spring mix) or 2 heads leaf lettuce (spring mix)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 (3 ounce) package pecans
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sunflower seeds
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Cut lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Add cheese, pecans, seeds and strawberries.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
Very, very good, although I cut back on the sugar by 1/2 cup. Start at a cup and add sugar to taste. This really makes too much dressing, next time I may cut the dressing in half.
This was a great recipe! The dressing makes a ton, I used splenda instead of sugar otherwise followed recipe. I made for PAC Spring 2010 and it is a winner!