Recipe by Nic
A refreshingly different salad, we can buy Stilton with black pepper here, but you can use any Stilton or even leave it out if you prefer. I make half the amount of dressing as I find that this is enough. Recipe adapted from Rococo Real Chocolate Book by Chatal Coady.
Top Review by The Artist's Inn
Yum! Although I didn't have the ingredients for the salad, I served the dressing over a salad of red leaf lettuce, vanilla poached pears, Asiago cheese, tomatoes and toasted almonds. It was a hit at a chocolate-themed dinner.
- 100 g rocket (or any salad leaves)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1⁄4 cup Stilton cheese, with black pepper, crumbled
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 25 g dark chocolate, 2 squares, 75% pure
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the rocket between the plates. Slice the cucumber lengthways, seed and slice into halfmoons. Arrange the Stilton, cucumber and strawberries on the rocket. Drizzle dressing on top.
- To make the dressing: Place balsamic vinegar in a saucepan, add caster sugar and dissolve over a gentle heat. Remove from heat and stir in 2 squares of chocolate. Leave to cool at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or dressing will solidify.